Who can apply?
The Foundation only accepts applications from organisations that are:
- registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commission
- registered in Scotland with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
- registered in Northern Ireland with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (CCNI)
- a CASC (Community Amateur Sports Club) registered with HMRC
Charities must have been registered with the Charity Commission for two years or more and have produced independently examined or audited accounts for at least one full year of operation (Community Amateur Sports Clubs must also have been operating for comparable periods).
We accept applications from local branches of national charities - but only if they have either a separate legal constitution or the endorsement of their national Head Office.
Where will the project take place?
- Opportunities through sport and physical activity: Applications for this programme are accepted from charities and CASCs (Community Amateur Sports Clubs) throughout the United Kingdom.
- Positive futures for children and young people: Applications for this programme will only be accepted for work being delivered in the Southeast of England, excluding London and Greater London. The beneficiaries must be in: Berkshire; Buckinghamshire; Hampshire; Isle of Wight; Kent; Oxfordshire; Surrey; East Sussex; and West Sussex.
Full details of grant programmes can be found here
We do not fund
- Requests for retrospective funding
- Activities that are primarily the responsibility of central or local government
- Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- Exempt charities
- Overseas projects
- Adventure Challenges or expeditions in the UK or abroad
- Projects that are solely for the promotion of religion
- Charities awarded a grant by the Foundation may not re-apply until two years after submission of the final grant report.
- Charities whose applications are not successful may not re-apply until one year after they were notified of the outcome of their previous application.